Saturday, April 11, 2009

Welcome to YouTube....



YouTube star Bo Burnham sang it best- "Welcome to YouTube"

Well that pretty much sums it up, have a good week. Oh, wait, I have 279 words more to type. Yes, we have given the "OK" to stray away from our topics in Understanding Media and Social Changes so I will NOT be writing on sitcoms this week. I know, you are all crushed.

We all know about YouTube. It is a website that let's you put videos on it. You can put whatever you want on it (as long as there is no nudity and other rules). Personally, I think it is AWESOME. I can get lost watching random videos for hours! It has everything from music videos to political videos to whatever this is.

Now I will present some researched information that I found. The most viewed video ever on YouTube is The Evolution of Dance which, according to my last refresh, has 117,581,481 views. That is a LOT! Now on the other end of the spectrum there are very poorly viewed videos such as my Public Relations video which now has 15 views. Woohoo!

The most subscribed user on YouTube is Fred. He is a fifteen year old kid who plays the character Fred Figglehorn- a 6 year old kid who uses his mom's video camera to make videos and post them on YouTube. He has 1, 031, 781 subscribers (I am NOT a subscriber of Fred. I cannot stand him, just to make that clear.).

YouTube is a great resource for when you need a video to learn about something or just to have fun. It is taking the world by storm ranking as one of the top visited websites on the internet. It is a great way to get your voice heard and to see what other people are interested in. As I stated earlier I think it is AWESOME and it is one of my favorite websites. If you wanted to know, my favorite YouTube user is Bo Burnham (warning: questionable lyrics).

Well, that's all I got......... and boom goes the dynamite.

3 comments:

  1. I’d have to agree with you that YouTube is definitely awesome and something I can get lost in for hours and hours at a time! I think it’s really neat how people can post anything from a video clip to some random girls singing in a bathroom! I find it useful when I see a funny commercial on TV and want to see it again, sounds lame, ha?? I think the world of technology is an ever changing field and YouTube is a great example of technology at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YouTube is a great website. Personally, I use it for my music player now that Ruckus is gone. Sometimes, when I am bored, I get a good laugh from many of the random videos. It is really a unique format to put one's opinions and views and just to be themselves. One of the best series I have found on there is, Is “Should I microwave this”. If you haven’t seen it, I strongly suggest it. I find a lot of video characters annoying as you said Fred is annoying. There are also countless celebrities that have become celebrity from their videos....who knows Zack, one day your media video just may make it big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YouTube has most definitely taken the world by storm. I personally, along with millions of other people, LOVE YOUTUBE. I just like you Zack, can spend countless hours on YouTube watching the dumbest yet funniest things out there! One that gets me everytime is the Sneezing Panda, check it out. But then again, YouTube isn't a complete waste of time, there are educational videos on there that can be and are used in educational settings, just like Dr. Van Horne has used YouTube videos plenty of times in our Understanding Media and Social Change class. I LOVE YOUTUBE!

    ReplyDelete