Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Big Bang Theory.......no not the one from science class

The Big Bang Theory is one of the funniest new shows on television. I have spent nights this week staying up until 4 a.m. watching the seasons of it. It is not your typical sitcom. This show is about a very pretty girl named Penny (Kaley Cuoco) who moves in across from the hall from two geeky scientists, Leonard (Johnny Galecki) and Sheldon (Jim Parsons). Also visiting often are Leonard and Sheldon's geeky scientist friends Howard (Simon Helberg) and Raj (Kunal Nayyar).

This show might be the smartest show on television, as you can tell from some of Sheldon's jokes. In some internet blogging I have seen it deemed as "Frasier goes to college." This is referring to how it uses intellectual humor kind of like the show Frasier, but, is also young and, dare i say, "hip" (yikes I am turning into my dad). Now, if you are worried about watching an "intellectual" show, don't be. It is not all art, literature, and wine like Frasier. When the guys aren't making physics jokes they are talking about comic books, science fiction, or video games.

The whole show revolves around these geniuses outside of the lab. Penny from across the hall is the normal factor in the show. She is just an average intelligence, gorgeous girl who befriends the guys and their jokes go WAY over her head.

I really enjoy this show. Some of my inner nerd comes out while watching it. I think it is a very creative new show (it started in 2007). Many sitcoms these days and in years past have just been about "normal" people. This sitcom takes a look into what could be a group of "nerds" that are friends. Some don't like the show because of the nerd stereotype, but I think it is all done in good fun while being hilarious.

Well, I hope you go watch The Big Bang Theory if you haven't seen it before. I am sorry for not having any links for you to go watch it. I was looking around CBS's website and I could not find any full episodes. I am sure it is somewhere on the internet.

I hope you enjoyed this blog and, to all you ladies, as Raj would say .......

(please tell me someone got that joke)

1 comment:

  1. So...I didn't get the joke at the end....I'm just saying! But I have seen this show. However, I got a little distracted because one of the guys is from the old show Roseanne and the girl was on that one show with John Ritter. I just can't seem to get past that. But i'll admit it is a pretty good/funny show. It's definetly not for everybody but it's good. It does have jokes that i don't think everybody who watched it always gets but...oh well.
    I suggest watching Jon and Kate plus 8 on TLC. That show is crazy!

    ReplyDelete